Canon EOS R5 Canon_CameraSettings_0x0030

Started by JohnMoyer, June 12, 2024, 09:56:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnMoyer

For EOS R5

Canon_CameraSettings_0x0030 is usually 3 for my CR3 files, 7 for my out of camera JPG files, and -1 if I used the camera menus to save a HIF or JPG from a CR3 file in camera. For a JPG file saved from Canon DPP software when editing a CR3 file. For a JPG made in camera with my Minolta lens from a file camera (no lens electronics) attached, the value is 4.

For EOS Rebel T1i

For JPG files from my EOS Rebel T1i, it has a value of -1 or 4 but I do not know why they are different or remember whether I had edited them. CR2 files from that camera appear to always have a value of 3.

For EOS 80D

Usually 3 for CR2 and 4 for JPG. Sometimes -1 for JPG, possibly when Picture style is "Faithful", or I did not save the corresponding CR2 file.

Phil Harvey

Thanks.  I'll make a note of this, but I don't know enough to be able to decode this in a meaningful way.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).