Proposal for a robust and simple Windows version

Started by obetz, May 16, 2019, 07:23:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

newsailor

Hi, nice to see this new version has been released publicly on exiftool.org.
One request, can the version number for the exiftool(-k).exe be changed to reflect the actual EXIFtool version?

https://i.imgur.com/Wqho2ER.png - This is what I see currently; 1.0.5.0/"Universal". The actual version should be 12.89.
I use this in an automation script to make sure I'm always running the latest version.

Cheers

StarGeek

Quote from: newsailor on July 18, 2024, 11:18:58 AMThis is what I see currently; 1.0.5.0/"Universal". The actual version should be 12.89.

I'm not commenting on if it can be changed or not, just the reason for the version number
Quote from: Phil Harvey on July 18, 2024, 06:31:20 AMStarting with version 12.88 the CFileVersionInfo won't give the ExifTool version number -- it will give the version number of the loader stub by Oliver Betz.
* Did you read FAQ #3 and use the command listed there?
* Please use the Code button for exiftool code/output.

* Please include your OS, Exiftool version, and type of file you're processing (MP4, JPG, etc).

Phil Harvey

Unless someone knows of a command-line MacOS app to set .exe properties then this will be difficult for me.  As of 12.88 I now build and release all versions of ExifTool using a single script on the Mac.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

newsailor

Understood. Is there a "-version" flag I can pass to the EXE to get its version instead, then?

StarGeek

* Did you read FAQ #3 and use the command listed there?
* Please use the Code button for exiftool code/output.

* Please include your OS, Exiftool version, and type of file you're processing (MP4, JPG, etc).