Color matrix Values

Started by felixDT, August 06, 2024, 12:25:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

felixDT

I am using the exifTool to analyse raw pictures from a Sony camera (A7III) (ARW files). I am particularly interested in the color matrix value since I need to use it later on in my processing.

I was just wondering if the value returned by exiftool is the camera color matrix or if it's converted to any specific color space (XYZ, SRGB, ADOBE RGB etc.).

Please see the attached log file for more information on the data I obtain.

StarGeek

Quote from: felixDT on August 06, 2024, 12:25:19 PMI was just wondering if the value returned by exiftool is the camera color matrix or if it's converted to any specific color space (XYZ, SRGB, ADOBE RGB etc.).

From what I can tell by looking at the source code, exiftool isn't doing any conversions for the Sony ColorMatrix tag, just reading the raw data. There is a comment by the entry that says
#IB (divide by 1024)
but that's it.
* Did you read FAQ #3 and use the command listed there?
* Please use the Code button for exiftool code/output.

* Please include your OS, Exiftool version, and type of file you're processing (MP4, JPG, etc).

felixDT

Perfect!

Thank you for the clarification
Quote from: StarGeek on August 06, 2024, 01:39:54 PMThere is a comment by the entry that says
#IB (divide by 1024)

This is most probably what I was missing, if I divide the values by 1024 and then process them I should have the result I am searching for!