tilt and shift figures for lenses like Fujifilm GF 110mm f/5.6

Started by diglloyd, September 06, 2024, 05:58:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

diglloyd

Feature request it seems.

exiftool does not appear to produce figures for tilt and shift for electronic lenses like the Fujifilm GF 110mm f/5.6  and Fujifilm GF 30mm f/5.6.

The tags exist: Fujifilm X RAW Studio displays them.
"SHIFT AMOUNT OF T/S LENS"
"ROTATE AMOUNT OF T/S LENS"

Can supply a raw file as example.

StarGeek

Phil is away for a couple of weeks, so it will be a while before he would get to this.

In the meantime, you might try to figure out what the tag locations are. Take a picture, change the tilt/shift, and then take another picture. Then run this command
exiftool -G1 -a -s -MakerNotes:all -u file.jpg

In the output, there will be tags with 0x???? in them, where ? will either be a number 0-9, or a letter a-f. These are the unknown tags. Focus on them and see if any of these tags change in a way that might indicate they are the tags you are looking for.

If you don't find anything, then Phil would need some samples. Adding in the values that RAW Studio displays would also help.
* Did you read FAQ #3 and use the command listed there?
* Please use the Code button for exiftool code/output.

* Please include your OS, Exiftool version, and type of file you're processing (MP4, JPG, etc).

diglloyd

Thanks very much.

I used the suggested command on two files with different tilt, then did a 'diff'.   Everything was the same except "ImageCount".  This suggests that the shift and rotate figures are not in that area of the data.

I show the Fujifilm stuff on this web page of mine:
https://diglloyd.com/blog/2024/20240906_1400-FujifilmGF110f5_6-EXIF-TiltShift.html

Output from one of the files is attached.

StarGeek

You can try again, but drop the MakerNotes part to see if it is elsewhere, but it seems unlikely as the MakerNotes is where camera specific data is written.
exiftool -G1 -a -s -u file.jpg

Can you provide a couple samples that have different shift and rotate, along with what the values returned by X RAW Studio? That way, when Phil gets back, he'll have something ready to work with.

You can set this thread to send you notifications when there's a reply. See this post for details.

* Please include your OS, Exiftool version, and type of file you're processing (MP4, JPG, etc).

diglloyd

Yes I can provide examples... but I'm new here what is the best way to do that for RAW files?

diglloyd

This might be the lens shift amount:
[FujiFilm]      FujiFilm_0x144e                 : 150

Correction to previous question: it appears that the Fujifilm GFX100 II does *not* record degrees of lens tilt. It only records lens shift and lens rotation.

StarGeek

Quote from: diglloyd on September 07, 2024, 12:40:11 PMbut I'm new here what is the best way to do that for RAW files?

If they're not too big, they can be attached to a post. You have to hit reply rather than use the text box at the bottom, and the reply text box will let you drag/drop files to attach them.

But RAW files are usually too big for that. Sites like Google Drive or Dropbox are usually best, as they won't make changes to the files like many image sites or social media will do.

Or if you don't want to share them with everyone, then you can wait until Phil gets back and then send them directly through email (see here). If you do that, make sure you also send a link to this thread.

diglloyd

Thx.  My interest is RAW files. I'll wait for Phil's return.

greybeard

I have an interest in the metadata from Fujifilm cameras but don't have access to one of those cameras or lenses.

Could you share a RAF file (or the output from exiftool -v2 <filename>) together with a screenshot of the output from X Raw Studio for the same image (where shift and rotate are both non-zero)?

0x144e is quite likely to have some of this data as 0x144d holds the information on the Virtual Horizon for X series cameras.