copy GPS data from TIFF to a former PSD saved as TIFF

Started by Archive, May 12, 2010, 08:54:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Archive

<span style="color: gray;"><i>[Originally posted by snah on 2008-08-19 00:22:55-07]</i></span>

Hello Phil

I'm trying to read the GPS data from file (A)-TIFF and write it to file (B)-TIFF. The reading part is easy, but for writing the trouble starts. I assume the reason is that (B)-TIFF was created by simply saving a file named (B)-PSD in TIF-Format as (B)-TIFF, hence (B)-TIFF only contains EXIF data that is also contained in (B)-PSD.

The question is: "How can I <b>add non-exisiting tags</b> to (B)-TIFF from (A)-TIFF ?"

Further background information:

The file (B)PSD is a panoramic image and contains several images that are almost equal to (A)-TIFF (except image data and DateTimeOriginal). As (A)-TIFF is geotagged (via gpsphoto.pl) I can read its gps-information, but I was not able write this data into (B)-TIFF.

My attempts to fiddle around with the command below failed: <div class="codeheader">Code:</div><div class="code">exiftool -tagsfromfile a.tif -all:all b.tif</div>I also tried it with 'geosetter' that features copying select data from one image to another. Since I try to insert rather than copying data my attempts are failing.

I would highly appreciate if you would be so kind to help me figure out the syntax for this command.
Thank you very much for your efforts and last but not least for providing ExifTools.

With kind regards from Zurich

Archive

<span style="color: gray;"><i>[Originally posted by snah on 2008-08-19 03:28:59-07]</i></span>

Hi Phil,
I am back again as I resolved the step in the previous post. Guess I should read the manual a bit more carefully. The solution is:

<div class="codeheader">Code:</div><div class="code">exiftool -tagsfromfile source.tif -gps:all -exif:DateTimeOriginal destination.tif</div>
As there are hundreds such files I am seeking assistance in order to allow batch-processing (DOS-Batch or a VBscript to use in iView-Media-Pro).
Batch-processing could either be a command starting at the destination-folder reading from the source.tifs and/or a command-set processing all destination.tifs in all '..\..\PTGUI' folders only.

- the source and destination files are in neighbouring folders.

- the source is allways one level up from the destination eg. '..\..\converted\source.tif' ..\..\converted\PTGUI\destination.tif

- source is allways named 'IMG<number>.tif' eg. IMG00045.tif

- destination is allways named '<numberstart-numberend>.tif' eg. 00045-0065.tif

- source could be anywhere in between <numberstart-numberend>
so I will have to create some loop and also add (or strip) the 'IMG' string somewhere while processing.

Could you (or anyone else reading this post) provide a suggestion for such a batch process?

Looking forward to receiving your reply.
Kind regards.