Delete some Keywords rekrusive

Started by Burlewack, January 02, 2011, 02:24:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Burlewack

Hello,

i.have some 1000 *.NEF Pictures with a IPTC tag like geo:lat.... and so on.
How can I delete all the geo:lat* stuffe in a batch conversation all over the volume?

Greetings Burlewack

Phil Harvey

Hi Burlewack,

You can delete specific keywords with an argument like -keywords-=VAL, and it is easy to apply this to an entire directory of images.

But if you don't know the exact keyword this won't work.  In this case the only option is to create a user-defined tag to filter the keywords.  I can help you with that if you give me more specific examples of the keywords you want to remove.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

Burlewack

I can easily delete the tags with lightroom.
The problem is, lightromm writes in xmp, not in my Nikon NEF Raws.

Would it be possible to overwrite the RAW IPTC Date with the concerning xmp files?

Phil Harvey

I don't understand what you are asking exactly, but the answer is "yes".

If you give more details about exactly what you want to do then I can give a more detailed answer.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

Burlewack

O.k. thank you.

I would like to write/delete IPTC Datas in Lightroom.
So I have NEF and XMP Datas.

Now i would like to delete the data in the NEF an replace with the XMP Data.

Is this possible rekrusive over a full volume?

Phil Harvey

To replace XMP in all NEF files in a directory:

exiftool -r -ext nef "-xmp<=%f.xmp" DIR

This assumes that each .nef image has a corresponding .xmp file.

- Phil

Burlewack

Thank you

Is it possible to do this over a whole directory inclusiv Subdirectorys?

Greetings
Burlewack

Phil Harvey