Manual GPS data entering

Started by plasma2002, January 06, 2011, 05:31:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

plasma2002

I have read as much as I can about ExifTool, yet the more I read, the more I confuse myself :(

I'm looking for the easiest way to put manual GPS coords (via Lat and Long) into my images, and have them be as compatible as possible to all exif parsing programs out there.

I know it's a simple command, but I just cant stop confusing myself with all the tags. Thanks in advance for any help.

Phil Harvey

exiftool -gpslatitude=XXXX -gpslatituderef=north -gpslongitude=YYYY -gpslongituderef=west FILE

Where XXXX and YYYY are coordinates in pretty well any format you care to use, but you must enclose them in quotes if they contain spaces.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

plasma2002

See? I knew it was simple :)

haha, thanks a lot, Phil. Also, i know compliments on the internet are never as good as their true verbal counterparts, but from one developer to another, I seriously do want to thank you for putting in your time on creating the ExifTool suite... it really is saving me and many others lots of headaches :)