No Google+ exiftool community (yet)

Started by hvdwolf, December 30, 2012, 09:39:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hvdwolf

Hi Phil,

I was googling+ around and found out that there are many communities already on Google+ but not one for exiftool. It is easy to create one but as I'm not the owner of exiftool I wanted to imform you and let you decided to create it yourself, being the writer of exiftool, or just leave it as it is.
See my jExifToolGUI cross-platform java application (Website, Releases, Changelog) for Phil's marvelous exiftool.

Phil Harvey

Thanks for mentioning this.  I tried to sign up on google plus to see what it is about, but gave up when the first page of the signup procedure didn't load after 15 minutes (I stopped after downloading 714 kB of java scripts).  I do a lot of work from home over dialup, so sites with heavy web pages like Google+ are useless to me. :(

This forum is good though, and I can load pages quickly even when my son is playing WarCraft over the same connection. :)

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

hvdwolf

Fine with me.

Quote from: Phil Harvey on December 30, 2012, 12:40:51 PM
I do a lot of work from home over dialup, so sites with heavy web pages like Google+ are useless to me. :(
dialup? From Kingston or somewhere in the bush without broadband?
You've got to be almost the last person on earth :D
See my jExifToolGUI cross-platform java application (Website, Releases, Changelog) for Phil's marvelous exiftool.

Phil Harvey

Quote from: hvdwolf on December 30, 2012, 03:06:03 PM
You've got to be almost the last person on earth :D

I definitely do feel like I've been left out in the cold sometimes.  I live out of town on a wooded lot.  I could get high speed, but I would have to cut down some trees and pay $75 per month for the privilege.  It just doesn't make sense to me.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).