Filename Extraction: Help Please

Started by din4225, November 06, 2012, 04:38:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

din4225

Hi guys,

I'm a newbie in using exiftool.
Basically, i use -Filename to extract filenames of images in a folder.
Recently, however, other than the file name, the directory of the file also show up.

Can anyone help me on what to do?

Thanks..

Phil Harvey

I might be able to help if you show me the command line that you use.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

din4225

i used this command line

J:\Steve>exiftool -Filename J:\Steve\Survey_unique_Fish_per_Transect\1Compiled_unique>crap.txt

then i got this kind of result, but not exactly this one

======== G:/Steve/Survey_unique_Fish_per_Transect/1Compiled_unique/-13Virgin_Transect 1_ (25)_Wrasse_Argus_Halichoeres argus.JPG
File Name                       : -13Virgin_Transect 1_ (25)_Wrasse_Argus_Halichoeres argus.JPG

I've attached a file output that is similar. I've run exiftool before and it works fine but now it won't work like before.

Please help.

Thanks

Phil Harvey

I'm just guessing here because I still don't know what you are talking about (exactly how did it work before?), but do you want to remove the lines beginning with "====="?  If so, add the -q option.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

din4225

Hi,

Thanks. It work well.
Is it possible to also remove the "File Name                      :" portion in the output file?
here is the example
File Name                       : Panglit A_Outside_Transect x (73).JPG

By the way, is it possible to extract file name from all subfolders in a folder? using a single command

Phil Harvey

Quote from: din4225 on November 06, 2012, 09:14:40 PM
Is it possible to also remove the "File Name                      :" portion in the output file?

-s3

By the way, is it possible to extract file name from all subfolders in a folder? using a single command

-r

See the the application documentation for these and more options.