changing the OriginalDateTime in avi-files

Started by Tintifax, December 07, 2012, 04:11:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tintifax

Hi,

I'd really like to change the OriginalDateTime in many avi-files, filmed with my old Casio Exilim EZ40.
I heard that writing to avi is quite tricky. Will this feature be available in the near future?

Regards
Johannes

Phil Harvey

Hi Johannes,

Sorry, but writing video files is not something that will be implemented soon.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

Tintifax

That's too bad.
But thanks for this great tool anyway!

Johannes

Tintifax

Sorry for warming this up again, but is there anyone who knows a tool that can change the OriginalDateTime in avi-files?
Or maybe I can find out the location of this tag in the file with a Hex-Editor?
edit: If the Date is 2012-12-28 18:52:00, what should I search for? the Hex-code for the integer 20121228 and 185200?
What byte-order?
Can anybody help me?

Johannes

Phil Harvey

Hi Johannes,

In AVI files, the IDIT chunk stores the date/time in the format "Mon Mar 10 15:04:43 2003".

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

Tintifax

Thanks!

I finally found the location of the Date/Time Original in my avi's and wav's with a hex-editor!
Fortunately there is no header-checksum, so I can securely change the dates!

Cheers,
Johannes