Main Menu

handling manometer metadata

Started by juju22, December 20, 2012, 05:47:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

juju22

Hello,

I want to tag my underwater pictures automatically. I was thinking to do something like

exiftool -if "(\$model=~/uTough-8010/ and not \$manometerreading=~/0 m, 0 ft/)" -r -ext jpg -keywords+='undersea' $Todo/

problem is, it seems I can't do greater or lower than as fields are text like
Manometer Pressure              : 110 kPa
Manometer Reading               : -0.5 m, -3 ft
$ exiftool -if "(\$model=~/uTough-8010/ and not \$manometerreading=~/0 m, 0 ft/)" -r -ext jpg ~/Images/20121207/*PC*{763,765}.JPG | egrep -i '(file name|manometer)'
File Name                       : 20121207_102413--PC072765.JPG
Manometer Pressure              : 110 kPa
Manometer Reading               : -0.5 m, -3 ft
$ exiftool -if "(\$model=~/uTough-8010/ and not \$manometerreading</0 m, 0 ft/)" -r -ext jpg ~/Images/20121207/*PC*{763,765}.JPG | egrep -i '(file name|manometer)'
$

same with '<0'

any way to do that ?
problem can probably applied to both reading and pressure as elevation is not sufficient alone to say that you are underwater.

Thanks a lot

Phil Harvey

Sorry for the delay in responding.  Somehow I missed reading this post.

To test the numbers separately numerically, you could do this:

-if "$manometerreading =~ /([-\d.]+) m, ([-\d.]+) ft/ and $$1 > 0 and $$2 > 0"

Here $$1 should be the numerical altitude in metres, and $$2 is in feet.  (These are the values captured inside the brackets of the regular expression.)  You can test either or both in the condition.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

juju22

Great!!!

So powerful exiftool :)

Thanks Phil!

Phil Harvey

I may have got my quoting wrong.  I had thought you were on Windows, but I notice now that you backslashed your dollar symbols, so I think I was wrong.  On Mac/Linux my previous command should have single quotes instead of double.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).