Adobe Bridge doesn't read XMP-swf from Exiftool

Started by StarGeek, February 09, 2017, 01:40:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StarGeek

I'm doing some testing and I noticed that Adobe Bridge (7.0.0.93) doesn't read XMP-swf tags written by Exiftool.

The command I used is this:
exiftool -XMP-swf:Type=XMP-swf:Type -XMP-swf:MaxStorage=1 -XMP-swf:BackgroundAlpha=2 XMP-swf:ForwardLock=true FILE

Attached is a file with the xmp-swf tags written by Bridge.  Also of interest is that Bridge places allows strings for all four of these tags.

I'm just curious if you can see an obvious difference in what Exiftool writes and Bridge writes as to why Bridge doesn't read the tags written by Exiftool.  I don't think this is that high of a priority, as it doesn't look like this xmp group has come up on the forums before and I can't find too much info in my google searches.
* Did you read FAQ #3 and use the command listed there?
* Please use the Code button for exiftool code/output.

* Please include your OS, Exiftool version, and type of file you're processing (MP4, JPG, etc).

Phil Harvey

Crap.  Looks like it may be another case of inconsistent URI's. :(

Adobe products originally used the URI "http://ns.adobe.com/swf/1.0".

But now it seems that Bridge 7.0.0.93 is writing "http://ns.adobe.com/swf/1.0/" (note the trailing "/"), and not reading the original URI.  This is a bit surprising, but I have seen similar inconsistencies from Microsoft.

- Phil

Edit:  I just checked and this change must have happened some time ago and gone unnoticed.  Photoshop CS4 also uses the trailing "/".  So I will change this in the next release.  Thanks for pointing this out.

Edit2:  Maybe I only have myself to blame.  The swf namespace was added to ExifTool in 2010, but Photoshop CS4 was released in 2008.  :(  Looks like my mistake.
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).