Geotagging Images from a .GPX that has no GpsTime.

Started by leor, March 22, 2014, 08:17:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

leor

Hello, I am trying to geotag datasets outputted by the Wookong Autopilot made by DJI. My autopilot triggers my camera and logs the points and when the data is loaded this is the information that is provided.
http://pastebin.com/92xBuMnm
These contain according to their documentation the following
Data record sequence number (1,2,3,4 ....)
Action Type 3 - Reference Photo 1 - automatic action
Longitude
Latitude
Elevation (barometer)
Pitch
Roll
Yaw

As you can see it provides no GPS time, making every single geotagging tool useles.
This data is sequentially written for example I can geotag my dataset but I have to go through each image and copy the time since they are inorder this works well but its very time consuming.

So my question is is there any tool that can sequentially geotag images in a certain folder for example:
Image1-> trkseg 1
Image2->trkseg 2

etc..

I have looked for answers everywhere and I have concluded that I need to program my own solution, but before I seek that option I wanted to know if there was a simpler way to do this.

Thanks, Leonardo Rimolo

leor

Also I generated my own .gpx using a 3rd party tool for this autopilot datalog that puts a "dummy time" in the tracklog.
http://pastebin.com/9CeJpCEd
This is where I have to manually go in and add the GPS time from each image file in according to its date format.

Phil Harvey

Hi Leonardo,

The automated geotagging logic in ExifTool relies on a timestamp to interpolate between GPS log positions, so it would be difficult to use this to do what you want directly.  However, the format of your log file is particularly simple, so it would be easy to write a Perl script that reads your log file then calls the ExifTool functions to write the GPS tags.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).