Any recommended "front-ends" for ExifTool?

Started by l_d_allan, August 09, 2014, 11:33:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

l_d_allan

Thanks for developing, maintaining, and supporting ExifTool for all these years.

I used ExifToolGui as a "front-end" to ExifTool for several years. I've switched to command line usage since ExifToolGui support from its developer was discontinued some years back.

Is there a GUI "front end" you can confidently recommend, that integrates well with ExifTool and stays current? I think some of the people to whom I've recommended ExifTool are unenthusiastic about using command-line ExifTool. I suppose over the years, you've seen them come and go.

I have been able to use an easily modifiable SamyangExifTool.bat for a year or so, based on suggestions from you. It works well. Thanks!

Phil Harvey

All of the front ends that I know of are listed on the Exiftool home page.  ExifToolGUI was the most flexible, and (I believe) continues to function well with the current versions of ExifTool, so it is probably the one I would recommend.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).