Version v5.15 is the latest version that is out there?

Started by Tom, July 02, 2014, 03:56:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phil Harvey

...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

Phoenix

Hi Phil,

is it save to use the last ExifToolGUI (5.15) with your actual ExifTool Release (9.69)?

Or which is the latest ExifTool version you would recommend to use with the GUI?

Kind regards,
Tom

Phil Harvey

Hi Tom,

I try hard to maintain backward compatibility with ExifTool, and I am aware of no issues with using a newer version with ExifToolGUI 5.15.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

Leon_O

Hi, I am new to the forum.

Quote from: Phoenix on August 15, 2014, 04:04:08 PM
is it save to use the last ExifToolGUI (5.15) with your actual ExifTool Release (9.69)?

I found out the latest version ExifTool Release 9.77 unfortunately isn't working without errors any more.
Choosing original not edited RAW files (NEF) of a Nikon D700, ExifTool GUI is freezed. No loading in of EXIF-data.

I tried several older versions (by changing the number of the data file-name at your download server).
The latest version that still do work is version 9.70   (Afterwards it is messed up).
http://www.exiftool.org/exiftool-9.70.zip

I can imagine that by no support any-more of ExifTool GUI since about January 2013 it hardly is possible to keep track to maintain backward compatibility with ExifTool GUI. But if the change is minimum, it would be nice if it could be fixed.

Phil Harvey

If true, this is a bug in ExifTool and should be fixed. I always try to maintain backward compatibility.  Please direct any further posts about this bug to the other thread.

- Phil