D800E EXIF missing 2 of ~18 Adobe Camera Raw values found in History

Started by BrianP, December 04, 2014, 01:23:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrianP

I recently turned on the Photoshop cs6 dump history to exif option (talk about spewing unlabeled, worthless junk). A miniscule fraction is useful.

In ACR, all of the "basic" page is quite informative. Everything is showing up in the EXIF except for the Saturation.

On the Detail page, the sharpening amount is missing

YES => found in EXIF as well as history
------------------------------------------------
yes   Temperature: 5450
yes   Tint: 12
Saturation: 3               <<< Missing in EXIF
Sharpen Amount: 60   <<< Missing in EXIF
yes   Luminance Noise Reduction: 26
yes   Vibrance: 12
yes   Exposure 2012: -0.35
yes   Constrast 2012: 12
yes   Highlights 2012: 0
yes   Shadows 2012: 90
yes   Whites 2012: 11
yes   Blacks 2012: 10
yes   Clarity 2012: 22
yes    Camera Profile:  Camera Neutral

And, since most of the values show up in both places, do I need to check for agreement?

Phil Harvey

Thanks for this report.  I'll take a look at this as soon as I get a chance.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

Phil Harvey

Sorry for the delay.

It sounds to me as if you are complaining that Photoshop doesn't store 2 of the pieces of information that you think it should.  But i you think they may be stored, and that ExifTool isn't extracting them, send me a sample image and I'll take a look (philharvey66 at gmail.com).

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).