Main Menu

ExifToolGUI v5.16 update

Started by BogdanH, April 05, 2015, 04:15:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BogdanH

Hello everyone,

I was informed, that Exif: DateTime shift (menu Modify) sometimes doesn't work the way as expected by user. Even I wasn't sure I understood actual problem, I decided to check whole DateTime shift processes again. And indeed: in some cases, shift for certain tag(s) didn't occur. That is, no damage was done, it 's just some DateTime tag value remained unchanged.
As this is one of very basic metadata workflows, I feel obliged to correct/remove that tiny bug which was sitting in GUI that long. I've sent updated GUI (v5.16) to Phil, so he can make it available for download.

I use the oportunitiy to thank you Marcel for pointing me on this -even I'm not sure that was what caused your problem.

I haven't visit this forum much lately.. and I'm aware that GUI might behave "strange" in some situations, as there are so many unpredictable scenarios. What to say, too bad my limited free time prevent me to make it better. Maybe one day...

Greetings,
Bogdan

Phil Harvey

Hi Bogdan,

It is great to hear from you again!  I got your update in the mail, thanks!!

ExifToolGUI version 5.16 may now be downloaded from here.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

jacal

Thank you, Bogdan,

Your GUI still serves me very well. Hvala!

-Mart