Main Menu

Date Time Original

Started by sheroazure1, May 23, 2015, 02:55:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sheroazure1

Dear, Sir..i have used my exif to trace metadata from picture that i took from twitter, but i was so confuse when i try to find date time original from a picture because in exif date time original is the same with the date that i download the picture, i want to find the real date time original but i could not figure it out, can anybody help me please? thank you

StarGeek

You may be looking at a date/time in the System group, which are data that is part of the filesystem for that file, not part of the image.

According to Twitter, Exif data is removed from the image (scroll down to "What happens to the Exif data for my photo?").
* Did you read FAQ #3 and use the command listed there?
* Please use the Code button for exiftool code/output.

* Please include your OS, Exiftool version, and type of file you're processing (MP4, JPG, etc).

sheroazure1

thanks for the fast response Sir, I'm looking for the real date/time the photo was taken (using smartphone or camera)...but I guess twitter did erased the real data..can we get the real data back?

Phil Harvey

If they erased it, then it is gone.
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

sheroazure1

so we cannot return the metada data if we have deleted it? no tool that can do it in this world?

Phil Harvey

It would be harder than bringing a dead person back to life.  More like creating a dead person from thin air, and I'm no Frankenstein.
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

sheroazure1

so dont hope much, right?   :(