ExifTool Download corrupted

Started by dharmil007, October 09, 2016, 07:17:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dharmil007

HI,
I am trying to download ExifTool but the download is corrupted (atleast that what is being reported by 7-zip, Windows explorer and DownThemAll (Firefox download extension)).
I tried : exiftool-10.29.zip  (Windows executable)
& Download Version 10.29 (tar.gz file)

While downloading with DownThemAll which supports hashing, the SHA1 and MD5 of both the versions does not match, with what is given here :
https://exiftool.org/checksums.txt

While extracting the file, get the following error :

And, the following error while using :

Please help, where can I download it from ?

Phil Harvey

Did you download from the ExifTool home page ( https://exiftool.org/ )?  I just tried and the MD5 checksums match what they should.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

dharmil007

Quote from: Phil Harvey on October 09, 2016, 07:38:21 PM
Did you download from the ExifTool home page ( https://exiftool.org/ )?  I just tried and the MD5 checksums match what they should.

- Phil

Yes. From that site. I downloaded it again still its showing the same error, as mentioned in the Zip file.
Sharing the Screenshots of Download manager :

Phil Harvey

There are a few possibilities:

1. Your download software is corrupting the file.

2. Your disk is corrupted.

3. You have a a virus that is corrupting the file.

I would try downloading using Firefox directly.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

dharmil007

Quote from: Phil Harvey on October 09, 2016, 08:07:24 PM
There are a few possibilities:

1. Your download software is corrupting the file.

2. Your disk is corrupted.

3. You have a a virus that is corrupting the file.

I would try downloading using Firefox directly.

- Phil

Hi,
Thanks for the reply.

I dont know whats the issue. I am able to download all other files properly without any issue.
I tried downloading it through : Chrome, Microsoft edge, Internet Explorer, Firefox. But all of the files download through all this gave the same error of the 7-zip shown above.

I tried to download it using Android Smartphone and voila, it downloaded successfully and even extracted properly.

This time it gave me something around 7mb file where as while downloading it from computer gave me around 4mb size.

Don't know whats the issue, but it is resolved as of now if I download it via mobile. I think my ESET antivirus would be causing the issue. Don't know for sure.

Phil Harvey

The .zip file should be 5159915 bytes.  I don't understand any of your observations, but I'm glad you finally got it working.

- Phil