Nikon NCTG 0x1013: Electronic VR setting

Started by Hayo Baan, June 10, 2016, 03:17:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hayo Baan

Hi Phil,

Just got myself a Nikon D500 :)

One of the new settings in this camera (as well as the D5, I think) is the ability to electronically stabilise video in-camera. The MakerNotes:Nikon ID for this tag is 0x1013. The tag name should be "Electronic VR" (this is the in-camera description). 1 means on, 0 means off.

I tried to locate some of the other settings (e.g., wind noise reduction), bit that doesn't seem to get recorded in the metadata.
Doh, that setting can't be recorded in the metadata as you can actually change it whilst a recording is in progress.

Cheers,
Hayo

Hayo Baan – Photography
Web: www.hayobaan.nl

Phil Harvey

Great, thanks!

I have a D500 video sample, but it doesn't contain this tag.  To add support I'll need to see the -v3 output for this tag.  Thanks.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

Hayo Baan

Hi Phil,

Please note, it is tag 0x1013 (I made a typo in the body of my original post).

Off:
  | | | | Nikon_NCTG_0x1013 = 0
  | | | | - Tag 0x1013 (2 bytes, int16u):
  | | | |     0192: 00 00                                           [..]

On:
  | | | | Nikon_NCTG_0x1013 = 1
  | | | | - Tag 0x1013 (2 bytes, int16u):
  | | | |     0192: 00 01                                           [..]

Is this enough info?
Hayo Baan – Photography

Phil Harvey

...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

Hayo Baan

Hi Phil,

Do you need some sample images/videos (e.g., taken with the lens cap on)? I've applied the just released firmware 1.01 (which only solves a language option issue in the Setup Menu, so likely no (meta) data changes).

Cheers,
Hayo
Hayo Baan – Photography

Phil Harvey

Hi Hayo,

I'll let you know if I need some samples, but for now all is OK.

Thanks.

- Phil