Fuji "film mode" tags not read correctly

Started by cug, July 25, 2016, 08:06:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cug

Hi.

I'm trying to do some scripting around film simulations used when shooting JPEGs and find that on images from my X-Pro2 exiftool does not find the film simulation mode tag depending on which simulation is used.

For example it does work here for Classic Chrome and ProNeg High, but does not work for Acros. I can provide example files if that helps.

Any pointers?

I'm using the latest exiftool and a Fujifilm X-Pro2.

Phil Harvey

Sure.  Send me a set of samples where only the film simulation mode is changed between images and I'll take a look.  Make sure to include all the once that "don't work", plus at least one that does.  You can mail them to philharvey66 at gmail.com

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

cug

Sent an email with a link to an archive and some more info. Thanks for your help and the great tool you have created!

Phil Harvey

I got the samples, thanks.  I need to know which mode was used for each image.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

Phil Harvey

I got your response via email.  The new film modes will be decoded by ExifTool 10.24.  Note that they are reflected in a combination of the FilmMode and Saturation tags.

- Phil

cug