-api Filter and -if

Started by StarGeek, August 29, 2016, 05:19:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StarGeek

I've been having a lot of fun delving into the -api Filter option.  The one problem I've been having, though, is that the filtering takes place before anything else.  I can't use the -if option to limit what files get processed.  Exiftool will rewrite every file.  Any chance of an option to filter after doing the -if compare?

No worries if it's not something convenient.  One pass which rewrites everything is still faster than a whole bunch of single runs to check and compare.
* Did you read FAQ #3 and use the command listed there?
* Please use the Code button for exiftool code/output.

* Please include your OS, Exiftool version, and type of file you're processing (MP4, JPG, etc).

Phil Harvey

The filtering happens only to the print-converted values.  You can use the numerical values ($TAG#) in your -if statement if you want to access the unfiltered values.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

StarGeek

Perfect!  Time to rewrite the stuff I just rewrote!
:D
* Did you read FAQ #3 and use the command listed there?
* Please use the Code button for exiftool code/output.

* Please include your OS, Exiftool version, and type of file you're processing (MP4, JPG, etc).