EXTRACTED Overwritten NEFS from memory card and CANNOT open

Started by mtalty, October 18, 2016, 08:25:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mtalty

Hello all,

I'm hoping exiftool can help me with my dilemma but am afraid my files have been lost forever.  Long story short, after having issues with my MAC that required removing malware and rebooting, I lost a folder of NEFs from a wedding.  They are nowhere to be found on my computer.  So I went to the memory card in hopes that the raw data still existed even after using the card after deleting the files.  I was able to extract the files using EASE software BUT they will not open or show a preview.  They do show a file name with a # in the beginning and show date taken as well as the size of each image.  Will exiftool be able to help in opening these images?  Thank you so much. 

Phil Harvey

Email me one of the images and I'll take a look.  My mail is philharvey66 at gmail.com

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

Phil Harvey

I'm sorry to report that as far as I can tell the file you sent contains random data.  I was hoping there would be a jpeg-format preview image that could be extracted, but no such luck I'm afraid. I don't see any recognizable data in this file. :(

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

mtalty

It's really ok, thank you so much for trying!!!  I truly appreciate it!  I'm just lucky it was a small section and not the whole wedding!  Thank you so much again!!!