PPC Mac install problems

Started by fsjorge, October 29, 2016, 04:58:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fsjorge

Hi Folks,

I've been trying to install exif in an iMac G5 because I need it to run an app named Phoshare, so that I can export 10k of photos out of iPhoto 09 to google photos... (after 12 years in service the computer deserves some vacations! :)

Anyway, I've tried every single solution in this forum but still unsuccessful...

Im Running Mac os 10.5.8, and downloaded the 10.31 version of exiftool

this is the terminal output:

Fabiano-Jorges-iMac-G5:~ fsjorge$ exiftool
Can't locate Image/ExifTool.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/bin/lib /Library/Perl/Updates/5.8.8 /System/Library/Perl/5.8.8/darwin-thread-multi-2level /System/Library/Perl/5.8.8 /Library/Perl/5.8.8/darwin-thread-multi-2level /Library/Perl/5.8.8 /Library/Perl /Network/Library/Perl/5.8.8/darwin-thread-multi-2level /Network/Library/Perl/5.8.8 /Network/Library/Perl /System/Library/Perl/Extras/5.8.8/darwin-thread-multi-2level /System/Library/Perl/Extras/5.8.8 /Library/Perl/5.8.6 /Library/Perl/5.8.1 .) at /usr/bin/exiftool line 30.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/bin/exiftool line 30.

I'm as lost as possible! :(

Hayo Baan

The first question is: what method did you use to install exiftool?
Hayo Baan – Photography
Web: www.hayobaan.nl

fsjorge

Just ran the installer. but I did it with another version before, the 10.30, that didn't work also...

StarGeek

I think this is a relevant thread.

OSX ver 10.11 forced Exiftool to change the way it installed.  So you might have to try a version of Exiftool earlier than... 9.99?
* Did you read FAQ #3 and use the command listed there?
* Please use the Code button for exiftool code/output.

* Please include your OS, Exiftool version, and type of file you're processing (MP4, JPG, etc).

Phil Harvey

You don't need to go to an earlier version, you just need to make sure your path is set correctly.

First, it may be that you have two copies of exiftool around.  Type "which exiftool" to see where it is running from, and "exiftool -ver" to check the version.  The new version should run from /usr/local/bin.  You should delete any other versions, then add /usr/local/bin to your path (in your .bashrc file if you are using the bash shell).  Either that, or put "exiftool" and its "lib" directory in any directory of your current path.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).