writing metadata to .djvu-files?

Started by Nichtraucher, December 18, 2015, 01:33:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nichtraucher

Hey  :)

any chance that exiftool can write metadata to .djvu-files in the future?

cheers

Phil Harvey

Sorry.  I don't know how I missed responding to this.

I would recommend using ExifTool to write an XMP file, then using the DjVu utility to add it as an "xmp" annotation chunk.

But I would consider adding DjVu write support if I receive enough requests.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

b0bcat

I've registered to add my voice to the request for a write capability for DjVu files (preferably native plus xmp if wished) to be added.

On an MS Windows platform I've found there are at least a few ways of writing DjVu tags but in my early experience, not that easily - I'm still exploring each:

1. djvu-shellexts-win64-en-r33333 - this adds a section to file Properties in Explorer where items such as Author, Title may be added/deleted, (I trialled with W7 H-P and W7 Pro) but it stopped working temporarily on the W7 Pro box;

2. djvused.exe in the DjVuLibre suite, but finding the exact syntax for the Windows command line version as here isn't as straightforward as I had expected - c.f. the ease with which basic tags such as for Title, Author, keywords, Date Created etc may be added, deleted or modified in pdf files;

3. various java front ends etc on sourceforge that seem to promise the ability to write DjVu tags but which either don't or won't run with my installed java environment, e.g. DjVuEd, DJVUMan; also DjvuEditor_.exe;

4. (maybe) via DjVuToy (see link to English version in below DIY BookScanner thread link url - DjVuToy has menus for among other things 'Annotation' and 'Hidden Text' but I haven't figured out how it works (or what it does consistently with the name) - the FAQ on home page is in Chinese so limited Google translation)

https://www.diybookscanner.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=3339

(DjVuToy v2.08 with MODI (Windows Office Digital Imaging) - you can now create and/or ocr DjVu files using DjVuToy and MS's MODI, both free).

Thanks for your attention - whatever the outcome  :)