Photoshop Paths creation

Started by Nico99, January 27, 2017, 08:18:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nico99

Hi,
I'm wondering if there is a way to create a PS path from scratch, reading a csv file that contains a list of points.

Thanks in advance.
Nico

Phil Harvey

Photoshop paths are more complex than just a list of points.  Currently this isn't possible.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

Nico99

Hi Phil
thanks for your quick reply. Any idea about how to solve this problem?
I can provide additional info that are required, but I don't know which they are. At the moment I'm studying this http://www.adobe.com/devnet-apps/photoshop/fileformatashtml/#50577409_17587 to figure out a possible solution.
Thanks for any suggestion.
Nico

Phil Harvey

Hi Nico,

I presume you want to be able to use some human-readable format for specifying the paths?  If so, then you need to decide on a format to use then create user-defined tags with the appropriate conversions (I assume you are already using config_files/photoshop_paths.config).

If it doesn't have to be human readable, then ExifTool will accept paths in binary format.  You can specify binary data in using a JSON or XML-formatted input file, but not with CSV.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

Nico99

A human format is actually not required. My problem is that I have just a list of points I must to convert into a path. This list is an array coming from another application I can convert as required. The result should be a sort of polygonal.
Hope it makes sense.
Thanks
Nico

Phil Harvey

If you can write the binary path records then you can use ExifTool to import them into an image.

- Phil