Fujifilm x100f tag

Started by mustang1026, February 27, 2017, 06:05:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mustang1026

mac, ver10.44

I was trying to change some raf (fujifilm raw) files from model x100s to x100f but I guess the files get corrupted. When I tried to change it to x100t there is no problem, however files changed to x100f can't be opened, and console gives no error.

exiftool -model+=x100f dscf5068.raf

By the way, this is my first ever post on a forum. Pardon me if I made any mistake in reporting.  :)

Phil Harvey

Why are you using "+="?  The command should just do -model=x100f

But unless you get the model exactly right (is lower case correct?) then I'm not surprised you have troubles opening the files.  What are you using to open them with, btw?

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

mustang1026

Sorry I just copied it there in a wrong way, there is no +.
exiftool -model=x100f dscf5068.raf

I'm pretty sure that the model is correct, however x100f is a recently released camera. Are the new model names supposed to be recorded to a database or somewhere else? I am both using both the newest version of Lightroom and Preview and could not open it with both.  .

As I said previously, when I tried to edit it to older models like x100t it works well but newer models like x-pro2, x-t2 and x100f do not.

Phil Harvey

In general you can't just change the camera model in a raw file and expect it to open properly in an image viewer.  Other metadata or the raw image data itself may be incompatible with the model you set

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).