Erasing the Samsung slug

Started by markwatson, August 17, 2018, 10:44:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

markwatson

Firstly; I know it is trite to say this, but thank you very much for this amazing tool you have developed. It is very useful.

The tags / MakerNotes in the Samsung slug / trailer aren't  writable by exiftool (though even then it enabled me to correct the timestamp in the trailer by pinpointing the location such that I could change it with a hex editor - it uses the Unix epoch time format.) But is it possible to delete such using exiftool, either individual tags in it or the entire Samsung slug / trailer?

It would be great to be able to edit the tags in this slug directly using exiftool, especially timestamp 😀

Thanks ever so

Phil Harvey

Samsung has many models that write many different types of trailers.  You should be able to delete them all with:

exiftool -trailer:all= FILE

but I need a sample if you want me to look into editing a tag in the trailer.  My email is philharvey66 at gmail.com

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).