GPX to CSV, for import to ArcGIS

Started by L_Blair, January 19, 2018, 12:20:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

L_Blair

Can someone please tell me how to output the contents of a GPX file to a CSV file?  Ideally  the output csv has ALL tags as field headings -  especially the Pitch and Roll tags.

I've successfully used exiftool to geotag my photos.  I also understand that images can be tagged with GPSPitch, GPSRoll, etc.  But I'd really just like a .csv file of each of my GPX files to do some spatial joining in my GIS program.

My project scope; I'd like to import hundreds of geotagged drone photos into my GIS (ArcGIS) program as points.  Then do some more advanced spatial filtering of the points to narrow down the number of photos that I send to my photogrammetry software (Agisoft Photoscan).  Ultimately the GIS operation isolates to a new directory only the images that I need for Photoscan - making the photo processing more efficient.

I'm working in ArcGIS.  ArcGIS has a tool that imports geotagged photos as points, but it strips out all but the basic location and time tags (name, Lat,long, altitude).  ArcGIS also has a tool for importing GPX files as points but it too strips out important info like Pitch, Roll, Heading. 

Therefore I'd like to bring in the raw GPX file as CSV, and attribute the photo points with the data that I need (Pitch, Roll, Heading, etc).

Many thanks, Luke

L_Blair

If I simply do a

exiftool -geotag my.gpx -v4 foo.JPG > output.txt

where foo.jpg does not exist, it prints to output.txt the data I want, just not formatted the way I need it. 

Phil Harvey

ExifTool does not have this functionality.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).