Sequence number in tags

Started by marcobarrios, August 12, 2018, 11:33:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

marcobarrios

Hello,

Is there a way to set a tag, for example the title tag, to have a sequence number that is padded with zeros to certain length? For example: "My title 0001", "My title 0002", "My title 0003"...

I managed to set this for the filename by using the command exiftool '-filename=My title %1.4C%lE' but this does not work for any other tags. I could set the title tag to match the filename without the extension by using the command exiftool '-title<${filename;s/.[^.]*$//}' but this needs to be issued in a separate command, otherwise the original filename is used instead. Any help would be highly appreciated, thank you!

StarGeek

You would have to rewrite the command a bit.  The %1.4C%lE part only works with the Filename and Directory psuedo-tags and can't be directly copied into another tag.  But since you're using %C, I think you could use the FileSequence tag in the rewrite.  Something like
exiftool "-filename<My title ${filesequence;$_=0 x(4-length).($_+1)}%E" "-title<My title ${filesequence;$_=0 x(4-length).($_+1)}"

Test it carefully first, as I'm typing this in a rush as I leave the house.
* Did you read FAQ #3 and use the command listed there?
* Please use the Code button for exiftool code/output.

* Please include your OS, Exiftool version, and type of file you're processing (MP4, JPG, etc).