nikon D7000 nef corruped file from my camera

Started by daconews, May 04, 2018, 12:11:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phil Harvey

Sorry, there was a typo in the link.  I've fixed it here (fixed2.zip).

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

daconews

Hello Phil
the same problem (!) on the small image in Lightroom
but the message is different : "mistake appends while processing the picture"
any idea?...

daconews

Phil Harvey

OK, I can run LightRoom now, and can reproduce your observations.

Instead of adding 4 zero bytes, I took the last 4 bytes from a good D7000 NEF file and used those instead.  LightRoom now only has a problem with 8 out of your 81 files.  Here are the updated files (fixed3.zip).

I have also attached the script I used to add these bytes.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

daconews

Hello Phil
I am back!!!
my Nikon D7000 make me the same problem after some month of good work...
I buy a new camera Nikon D7100

can you help me with this 85 pictures its a pack shoot i cant do it again ?
can you please fixe the problem of this files?

https://wetransfer.com/downloads/46913b9a93bf9a83464d3f27a980262f20181008214040/f7f4f4895151f1f80db0acb1decfe30420181008214040/e74934

it will be nice of you...
thanks a lot

Phil Harvey

This corruption was different.  There were also 2, 4 or 6 extra bytes added to the start of the files.

here are the fixed files

- Phil

daconews

Sorry Phil
I download your zip file
I can see the JPG small picture in LR but I have got an "unexpected end of file" with a "!" on the small images
it's look like the last problem a missing 4 bits or someting like that...
I am on windows 10
I hope you can fixe it
thanks a lot

Phil Harvey

I don't know why Photoshop doesn't like them, but I just tried converting them with Adobe DNG Converter 10.5 and they all converted to DNG without errors.  You should be able to use these DNG files in Photoshop.

- Phil

daconews

thanks I am waiting for your ZIP...
thanks a lot...

Phil Harvey

You can download the Adobe DNG converter and do it yourself.

- Phil

daconews

YES IT WORKS
YOU ARE SIMPLY THE BEST...
THANKS A LOT, A LOT, A LOT..