News:

2023-03-15 Major improvements to the new Geolocation feature

Main Menu

Sony ARW file - Problem to modify Exif element

Started by TzarIvanIV, April 13, 2019, 03:03:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TzarIvanIV

Hi,

I begin to thank Phil Harvey for this exceptional tool.

So, I have a problem to modify exif element on ARW file.
In fact when I modify, for example, CreateDate I get the following message :
     Warning: [minor] Entries in SubIFD were out of sequence. Fixed. - _DSC5232.ARW
        1 image files updated

My new file is no readable like ARW standard file.

To obtain this message I write the following command :
     exiftool "-CreateDate += 0:0:0 1:0:0" fileName.ARW

Where is my problem ?

Thanks !!!!

Phil Harvey

...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

TzarIvanIV

Hi,

Thanks you.

Sorry for the loose of your time ...

Mathew

maxima

Hi,
Having the same issue with updating GPS tags. The files are not readable in new Sony SW. Is there any estimation when the issue will be fixed? Is there some workaround for meanwhile?
Thanks,

Phil Harvey

Unfortunately I don't see how to fix this at my end.  As far as I can tell, the ExifTool-edited ARW files are perfectly good.  There have been no reports of problems with any other ARW converters (other than a problem with old versions of Adobe products, but they fixed this years ago).  The work-around is to use any software other than Sony Imaging Edge.  (But I am hopeful that this won't be a problem in some future version of the Sony software.)

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).