Can't Change Date/Time Created or Remove Timezone?

Started by bkphoto, April 21, 2019, 02:16:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bkphoto

Done some perusing on the forums can can't seem to find an answer to this question. Would appreciate some help.

I have an old photo that is showing up in Apple Photos with the wrong date/time, despite fixing datetimeoriginal and copying it to all dates. Come to find that there's another date/time field that I can't figure out how to change.

It appears as

Date/Time Created               : 2014:08:06 07:00:00+00:00

Despite these
Date/Time Original              : 2014:08:06 16:58:00
Create Date                        : 2014:08:06 16:58:00

Any suggestions?

I'd also like to remove the timezone [+00:00] any tips on doing that as well?

Thanks!

StarGeek

If you add the -G (groupNames) option to your command, you'll see that Date/Time Created is Composite tag.  Composite tags are not actually embedded in the file, they are tags that exiftool derives from other existing tags.  In this case, it is derived from IPTC:DateCreated and IPTC:TimeCreatedIPTC:TimeCreated is where the time zone is coming from.  Since the time zone is a required part of IPTC:TimeCreated, you can either correct it to show the proper time zone or remove it entirely.

By itself, DateTimeCreated can be ignored as it is a tag that only exists in exiftool.  It's up to you to decide how you want to deal with the underlying IPTC tags.

If the IPTC tags don't show up when you list tags, check FAQ #3.
* Did you read FAQ #3 and use the command listed there?
* Please use the Code button for exiftool code/output.

* Please include your OS, Exiftool version, and type of file you're processing (MP4, JPG, etc).