Reading FLIR thermal/temperature data in Javascript

Started by quade, May 15, 2019, 12:37:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

quade

Hey All

As above I need to take a FLIR image and be able to hover the mouse over the image and read each pixel temperature data
I've done a version in C# which extracts the data and sends it to the client, this all works great

Now I need to build a Javascript only solution without sending the image to the server to extract the temperature data
I've looked around and found exiftool.js, but this doesn't seem to offer the capability to read this data (as mentioned here http://mattburns.github.io/exiftool.js/test/generated/reports/sampleImages/FLIR/FLIR_E4.jpg.html)

Does anyone know how I might achieve this or if anyone has done anything similar before (or if its even possible)

Any pointers or help appreciated
Thanks

Phil Harvey

ExifTool can't be used as a client-side JavaScript solution.  I don't know of any utility that will do this.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

quade

Phil Harvey

...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).