adding -sourcfile to .csv

Started by _rach_, October 08, 2019, 12:22:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_rach_

Hello peoples,

im am trying to add a -sourcefiles column to my base.csv without erasing the file.
I ve try to do :
exiftool -soucefiles -csv  >> base.csv ./

it doesnt work...

Any suggestion please?

Phil Harvey

You're trying to add a new column to an existing CSV file?  This can't be done by appending to the file with ">>".

The easiest way to do this would be in a spreadsheet program.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

_rach_

ty Phil, the idea is to import my base.csv file (without -sourcefile) to my new.csv file (with -sourcefile), in command line. This, to avoid copying and pasting each time into the spreadsheet.

Phil Harvey

Well, you could probably copy a column of one CSV file to another with some clever scripting (or maybe google for a utility to do this), but you would have to somehow guarantee that the rows in the two files matched perfectly.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

StarGeek

* Did you read FAQ #3 and use the command listed there?
* Please use the Code button for exiftool code/output.

* Please include your OS, Exiftool version, and type of file you're processing (MP4, JPG, etc).

_rach_