FujiFilm X Series Color Chrome FX Blue

Started by greybeard, February 02, 2020, 10:12:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

greybeard

Color Chrome FX Blue has been added for the first time with the X-Pro3.

It appears to operate in the same was as the existing Color Chrome Effect (Strong, Weak and Off)

The values are identified using tag 0x104e.

Off is definitely 0 and Strong is definitely 64 based on samples from DP Review but I don't have a sample for Weak.

It is reasonable to assume the following :

0x104e => { #
        Name => 'ColorChromeFXBlue',
        Writable => 'int32s',
        PrintConv => {
            0 => 'Off',
            32 => 'Weak',
            64 => 'Strong',
        },
    },

Phil Harvey

Great, thanks!  This will be added to ExifTool 11.87

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

greybeard

Thanks - there are a couple more changes introduced with the X-Pro3 that are recorded in the 0x104x series of tags - but I don't have the exact details (yet).

I'm hoping that Fuji will add all these changes to the X-T3 (and maybe X-T30) in a firmware update.

- Currently we have B&W Adjustment in tag 0x1049 : this has been split between Warm->Cool in 0x1049 and Green->Magenta in tag 0x104b (not sure exactly how)

- Currently we have Grain Effect in tag 0X1047 : this has been split between "Roughness" Off,Weak and Strong and "Size" Small or Large.

greybeard

These changes (including HDR) have also been added to the FujiFilm X100V (announced February 4th).

Samples from DPR confirm that the settings for tag 0x104e (including the Weak setting) are correct (as above).

Phil Harvey

...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

enthuan

Hello!
Any news on X-Pro3 settings?
I don't have one to test unfortunately... I can't find the "Clarity" setting and the split of Grain Effect in unclear.

Also, ExifTool prints white balance values like R+120 B-180.
The actual values in the camera are divided by 20. The range is -9 to +9.

greybeard

Clarity is 0x100f

Grain Effect is split between 0x1047 which describes the intensity of the effect and 0x104c which describes the size

I thought I'd posted these - obviously not - will do a better job of describing the detail

greybeard

Grain Effect

0x1047 remains as implemented
0x104c describes the grain size:
0 - N/A
16 - Small
32 - Large

==============================
Clarity

0x100f
Signed value / 10

greybeard

As enthuan points out for tag 0X100a White Balance Fine Tune, the value should be divided by 20

I notice this tag was originally implemented in ExifTool in 2007 and the link to the evidence no longer exists

Perhaps FujiFilm have changed the way they store the value - certainly current cameras should be / 20

enthuan

Hey, thank you!
I manage to find some XT4 samples and it appears that the Clarity tag is -5000 to 5000. Do you also have this range?

enthuan

I tried your values for Grain Effect and it works as charm! Thanks
The last setting I want to find is Monochromatic Adjustments for B&W film simulation. I will try to find samples with this setting.

greybeard

Quote from: enthuan on June 06, 2021, 11:58:42 PM
The last setting I want to find is Monochromatic Adjustments for B&W film simulation. I will try to find samples with this setting.

There are two tags for monochrome adjustments:

0x1049 (already implemented in ExifTool as BWAdjustment)

0x104b BWGreenMagenta (should be implemented in the same way as 0x1049)