Author Topic: dual-value tag not updated as expected  (Read 108 times)

David Beroff

dual-value tag not updated as expected
« on: March 27, 2020, 11:19:17 AM »
This pair of commands correctly clears out the Accelerometer tag and the auto-derived RicohPitch and RicohRoll tags as desired:
Code: [Select]
C:\d4b\work\360\EXIF\exiftool.exe -tagsfromfile orig.jpg -exif post.jpg
C:\d4b\work\360\EXIF\exiftool.exe "-Accelerometer=0 0" -PosePitchDegrees=0.0 -PoseRollDegrees=0.0 post.jpg

This command does not, even though the other two specified tags do get cleared correctly:
Code: [Select]
C:\d4b\work\360\EXIF\exiftool.exe -tagsfromfile orig.jpg -exif "-Accelerometer=0 0" -PosePitchDegrees=0.0 -PoseRollDegrees=0.0 post.jpg
Thanks in advance for your help; I've been banging my head against the wall for hours trying to understand the difference.

Test files; using Dropbox as I couldn't attach them here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/75mvzmi8c4qevyw/orig.jpg?dl=1
https://www.dropbox.com/s/w4n8bvy6vqaflpg/post.jpg?dl=1

StarGeek

• Global Moderator
  • ExifTool Freak
Re: dual-value tag not updated as expected
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2020, 11:35:15 AM »
Phil will have to weigh in, but I believe it has to do with the fact that you're copying the EXIF data as a block, rather than individual tags.  Since the Ricoh:Accelerometer tag is part of the MakerNotes, which is part of the EXIF block, exiftool isn't able to access it separately during this operation.  Or something like that.
Troubleshooting hints:
* When posting, include your OS, Exiftool version, and type of file you're processing (MP4, JPG, etc).
* Double all percent signs (%) in a Windows batch file.
* If your GPS coords are negative, make sure and set the GpsLatitudeRef and GpsLongitudeRef tags correctly.

Phil Harvey

• ExifTool Author
  • Administrator
  • ExifTool Freak
    • ExifTool Home Page
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2020, 11:46:19 AM »
Correct.  When copying EXIF as a block you can't edit individual EXIF tags in the same step.  The two tags that get cleared properly are in XMP.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

David Beroff

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2020, 12:15:10 PM »
OK, great; thanks to the both of you!  That makes more sense to me now.