General > Other Discussion

Forum email problems

(1/3) > >>

Phil Harvey:
I've been having more than the usual amount of people with problems receiving forum activation emails ever since the forum was moved to the new server.  I think the reason may have been that the spam filters of some hosts reject the mails because they have reply-to address of "noreply.exiftool.org" that is different from the sender address of "dh_us6f3d@tower.dreamhost.com".

In an attempt to solve this, I have changed the reply-to address of forum emails to "dh_us6f3d@tower.dreamhost.com", but note that I am unable to receive emails at that address since my dreamhost account does not include email.

- Phil

StarGeek:
Google is a problem when it comes to emails from here.  I have notifications set for a lot of stuff here and GMail was dumping everything into spam.

Alan Clifford:
Don't chase this one.  You'll never solve the problem.

Phil Harvey:
@StarGeek: It's not only gmail.  This is a breakdown of the accounts still awaiting activation from the last 2 months:

9 hotmail.com
6 outlook.com
5 gmail.com
1 live.com
1 yahoo.com
6 other hosts
2 obvious typos in the email address

However, there were about 200 successful registrations in the same 2 months, so this problem isn't affecting everyone.

- Phil

obetz:

--- Quote from: Phil Harvey on April 30, 2020, 09:18:13 AM ---I've been having more than the usual amount of people with problems receiving forum activation emails ever since the forum was moved to the new server.  I think the reason may have been that the spam filters of some hosts reject the mails because they have reply-to address of "noreply.exiftool.org" that is different from the sender address of "dh_us6f3d@tower.dreamhost.com".
--- End quote ---

can't the forum software be set to send with a cleaner address?

Oliver

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version