News:

2023-03-15 Major improvements to the new Geolocation feature

Main Menu

Empty Face Tags

Started by stevesuk, July 03, 2020, 05:39:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stevesuk

Lightroom exports empty face tags with  the (MWG) RegionName not set.

I am trying to transfer the face tags to another file minus the empty ones but I'm not having a lot of luck.

I'm using this:-

exiftool -RegionInfo= b.jpg
exiftool -tagsfromfile a.jpg -RegionInfo -if "defined $RegionName" b.jpg

It fails.

Regards,
Steve.

StarGeek

Your first command clears all region info from b.jpg.  So when you check b.jpg to see if it has RegionName defined, it fails because you cleared all region info.
* Did you read FAQ #3 and use the command listed there?
* Please use the Code button for exiftool code/output.

* Please include your OS, Exiftool version, and type of file you're processing (MP4, JPG, etc).

stevesuk

I clear b.jpg to make way for the 'non empty' tags from -tagsfromfile a.jpg ... which I need to filter out I'm just way off somewhere.

Phil Harvey

StarGeek's point was that your -if condition tests b.jpg, so it will always fail.  It seems as if you want the -if to apply to a.jpg, but it doesn't work like that.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

stevesuk

Ok, thanks for confirming I can't do it as easy as that. I've found a way to read the entries from a.jpg, using a read-only library, and I'm creating all the non-empty Area structures in b.jpg using exiftool.