Toolrefugee looking for batching help

Started by Jhnb, August 02, 2020, 10:09:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jhnb

Hi all,

Toolrefugee here, I tried to soak up as much of the forum and documentation as I can, but can't figure out my seemingly simple issue. (I think)

I've been using exiftool for some time now and just called the command on a file to file base which was fine. Copy over all metadata to a processed file (processing removed all metadata), to restore it entirely on the new file.

Now I have a big batch of files and file by file calling my current command turns out to be quite slow. I red the improve performance section and some other posts, but I have trouble making it work. It turns out it's hard for me to digest the docs and command-line options.

I use python on windows to run things.
My current command is:

exiftool.exe -TagsFromFile D:\data_raw\401.jpg -all:all -overwrite_original D:\data_processed\401.jpg

I'm looking for a way to batch the 2 directories, so that data_raw is the source metadata file and in the processed data directory the file with the same name, gets the original data restored to it.

Any guidance, examples etc is appreciated!!

Thanks!
-Johan

Jhnb

Hmm, I have it working on the commandline but not from a batch file.
I have to following code:

exiftool.exe -TagsFromFile D:\data_raw\%F -overwrite_original -all:all D:\data_processed\

So it runs from the windows commandline directly, but not from within a batchfile which I call from the commandline. Is it because of %F ?

Thanks!

StarGeek

* Did you read FAQ #3 and use the command listed there?
* Please use the Code button for exiftool code/output.

* Please include your OS, Exiftool version, and type of file you're processing (MP4, JPG, etc).

Jhnb

Haha ok thanks, one of those things eh!  ;)
Appreciate the help!

Cheers,
-Johan