Install problems on windows

Started by Shebulba, August 03, 2020, 08:09:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shebulba

Hello!

I'm trying to understand how to install exiftool for use with Adobe Lightroom. I have read everything I have found and downloaded and tried different files but I don't get it to work.
Please, is there anyone who can clarify the install process on windows 10.

Thank you very much!

Regards,
Henrik

Phil Harvey

Hi Henrik,

Sorry for the delay in responding.  If you have a LightRoom plugin that uses ExifTool, you should check the instructions for the plugin.  Otherwise, the best thing to do would be to put "exiftool.exe" somewhere in your path.  Run cmd.exe and type "path" to see your current path (I think this should work).  This is outlined (more or less) in the Windows install instructions, but it seems you may have read these already.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

Shebulba

Hi Phil

Thanks for taking the timw to answer me!
I have checked my plugins instruction, reinstalled everything several times and still no luck... I use the plugin LensTagger for Lightroom and everytime I try to run it I get the Error 1 - Failed to run the command.

When I'm running the cmd.exe I get a very long path that I'm having a hard time understand where in that I would put "exiftool.exe". I have put the "exiftool.exe" in a folder named "tools" besides my pLensTagger plugin folder as I have read in many places but it does't work no matter what I try.

It's frustrating haha. Hoping maybe you can clarify things a little bit more? Maybe I'm worse at computers then I thought....

Regards,
Henrik

Phil Harvey

Hi Henrik,

Sorry, but I don't know where LensTagger expects to find exiftool.  This is really a question for the LensTagger people.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

Shebulba

Hello,

Thanks for getting back to me! Maybe it actually is, I will try asking them. Thank you for your time!

Regards,
Henrik

StarGeek

According to the install instructions for LensTagger
QuoteOn Windows, extract the zip file, move exiftool e.g. to a tools folder beside your Plug-ins folder and remove the '(-k)' from the filename

followed by
QuoteOn Mac OS X, configure the path to exiftool. If you have used the exiftool installer, the path is:
On Windows you need to point this value to the path where you have moved your exiftool to.

* Did you read FAQ #3 and use the command listed there?
* Please use the Code button for exiftool code/output.

* Please include your OS, Exiftool version, and type of file you're processing (MP4, JPG, etc).