[QuickTime] Difference between "Create Date" and "Creation Date"

Started by frank, September 04, 2020, 03:53:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

frank

Hi,

I'm navigating my way through quicktime dates and I have a little question about the provenance and differences between some tags.

I've recorded a 2s video on my iPhone at 9:04:17 local time in +2 timezone and I'm getting:

[QuickTime]     Create Date                     : 2020:09:04 07:04:17
[QuickTime]     Modify Date                     : 2020:09:04 07:04:17
[QuickTime]     Creation Date                   : 2020:09:04 09:04:17+02:00

So "Create Date" is in UTC and "Creation Date" is in local time including the time zone.

In your documentation I can find the provenance of Create Date (https://exiftool.org/TagNames/QuickTime.html) as coming from the QuickTime MovieHeader Tags Index4:1 and I can find lots of other dates but nothing called "Creation Date" even though this seems to be a different tag. Is this some kind of composite or a way of getting "Create Date" in local time or does it come from a different source tag?

Thanks for your time. It is very much appreciated.

Best regards,

Frank

StarGeek

Quote from: frank on September 04, 2020, 03:53:31 AM
In your documentation I can find the provenance of Create Date (https://exiftool.org/TagNames/QuickTime.html) as coming from the QuickTime MovieHeader Tags Index4:1 and I can find lots of other dates but nothing called "Creation Date" even though this seems to be a different tag. Is this some kind of composite or a way of getting "Create Date" in local time or does it come from a different source tag?

CreationDate can be found under Quicktime:Keys and is a separate tag. 

Composite tags will always be a part of the Composite group.  In your example output, they would have [Composite] instead of [Quicktime].
* Did you read FAQ #3 and use the command listed there?
* Please use the Code button for exiftool code/output.

* Please include your OS, Exiftool version, and type of file you're processing (MP4, JPG, etc).