GoPro .360 Files not in -listf output

Started by Mac2, September 16, 2020, 12:18:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mac2

Windows 10 platform.
ExifTool 12.06

When I run exiftool.exe from the command line with a GoPro video with the file extension .360, it returns QuickTime and other metadata.

But my software shows nothing for the same files.
The problem is that .360 format is not in the -listf output and hence my software things that ExifTool does not support the file.

Did I miss something or is this a bug?

Phil Harvey

This is new to me.  Do you have a (small) sample so I can take a look at one of these files to see if there is anything extra to decode?  My email is philharvey66 at gmail.com

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

Mac2

I have used some sample images from the web for my tests.
There is a public folder on Google Drive where you can download some: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1DlP6FVw-O6AIm6O0nSsC-mIoCrEBtmdG
Red icon indicate videos.

exiftool.exe handles these files just fine, extracting all the embedded QuickTime and other metadata.
The only problem is that the .360 file extension is not included in the -listf output and hence my software thinks ExifTool does not support this format.

Phil Harvey

Thanks.  The sample was very useful.  GoPro has added a number of new proprietary tags, and it is good to have samples of these (although I don't yet know their purpose):

New global parameters:
SROT

New geometry calibrations:
SHFX,SHFY,SHFZ,ANGZ,ANGY,ANGZ,CALW,CALH

New lens calibrations:
KLNS,CTRX,CTRY,MFOV,SFTR

You can see all of the unknown tags by adding the -u option when extracting.  Please let me know if you discover the meaning of any of the unknown tags.

ExifTool 12.07 will support the .360 extension.

- Phil

P.S. If you had a smaller sample it would be very helpful.  I'm running into disk space problems and I can't keep many 500 MB samples like this.
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

Mac2

Hi, Phil

I just googled for
QuoteGoPro .360 sample RAW download
to find samples. Not sure if there are smaller files...but there seem to be plenty of downloads.

Do you have an ETA when ExifTools listf output will include the .360 extension?

Until then I can only tell the users to rename their files to .MP4 for the time being.
This extension is included in the listf output and hence IMatch knows that ExifTool supports it and processes the files.
Since .360 is not included in the supported list, IMatch does currently not show any metadata for these files at all.

Mac2

I have just received a download link for a 25 MB sample file  :)
I'll send you the link via email for privacy reasons.

Phil Harvey

I got the sample, thanks.  Version 12.07 should be out next week sometime.

- Phil

Mac2