ExifTool GUI or alternative to batch write data from CSV - recommendations

Started by colink, October 27, 2020, 07:06:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

colink

I have looked at ExifTool GUI help pages and it appears it cannot be used to batch write data from a source csv file.

With Phil's help I have managed to do this batch writing directly with EXIFTool via command line, but I want to allow someone else to batch write via a GUI.

I know there are a number of GUI tools for ExifTool, but I cannot find one that will allow batch writing from a CSV source.

Could anyone suggest a suitable tool / utility?

Thanks ColinK

Phil Harvey

Hi Colin,

Can't you add something like -csv=YOUR_CSV_FILE_NAME to the "ExifTool Direct" box in the GUI, then select the files and go?  The trick would be to get the correct directory names in the CSV SourceFile column.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

colink

Thanks for your reply

I have not managed to figure out how to process commands through ExifToolGUI (did not spend enough time to understand your answer).

In any case it is very useful for looking at data in images.

My best solution to eliminate the frustrating comand line (frustrating as I do nto use often enough) is PowerCmd

It is fairly easy to save specific file locations that oen in their own window - then jsut copy and paste the exiftool command I need to use.

If I get it wrong I can jsut open anothe rwindow and try again from the correct folder.

Thanks for your help