Finding and listing non-geotagged photos?

Started by Beholder3, October 29, 2020, 03:25:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beholder3

I have tons of photos and normally do my best to geotag them. Now I know that spread under loads of images in a multilevel directory tree there are quite a few photos which for some reason slipped through and have not yet been properly geotagged. I want to find them.

Is there a way to create a simple text ascii-list file output which lists all my photos (both DNG and JPG) with no geotags by path and filename? How do I find something which is NOT there and where I have no idea where it is?

sevy

I would suggest:
ah the top of your directory :
exiftool -if "not $gpslatitude" -sourcefile -r -ext jpg -ext dng . > output.txt

Phil Harvey

Quote from: sevy on October 29, 2020, 03:47:21 PM
exiftool -if "not $gpslatitude" -sourcefile -r -ext jpg -ext dng . > output.txt

That will work, if you use -filepath instead of -sourcefile

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

Beholder3

Hm. I let the following run
.\exiftool.exe -if "not $gpslatitude" -filepath -r -ext jpg -ext dng . > output.txt

Result is three lines of lext in the "output.txt" file:
Quote143 directories scanned
6289 files failed condition
    0 image files read
That is somewhat unsatisfactory I have to say. ;)
I didn't want to count any files, but I wanted a list with filenames and paths.
Any more ideas?

Phil Harvey

All of your files contain GPSLatitude.  There is nothing to list.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

StarGeek

If you are using Mac/Linux/Windows Powershell, change the double quotes to single quotes to avoid the shell treating $gpslatitude as a shell variable.
* Did you read FAQ #3 and use the command listed there?
* Please use the Code button for exiftool code/output.

* Please include your OS, Exiftool version, and type of file you're processing (MP4, JPG, etc).

Beholder3

Quote from: StarGeek on October 30, 2020, 02:24:47 PM
If you are using Mac/Linux/Windows Powershell, change the double quotes to single quotes to avoid the shell treating $gpslatitude as a shell variable.
Thanks that solved it. One more thing to remember.  :)