copy simple camera data and copyright only?

Started by simonlucas, November 18, 2020, 07:36:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

simonlucas

Hi - I did a batch copy test in applescript and realised that all my images had been rotated. I am using the source DNGs to copy the data back into my processed JPGs (which lose the data for reasons to do with LR's print to file method).

I used -tagsFromFile.

Is there a way to just add simple data like the camera, iso, shutter speed, lens, f-stop and the maker or copyright notice, please.

The exfitool manual is slightly beyond me however I looked through the example copy command options, but could not see what i needed.

Phil Harvey

Maybe something like this?:

exiftool -tagsfromfile %d%f.dng -iso -fnumber -exposuretime -copyright -ext jpg DIR

You can use this command to see what the DNG contains, and copy anything else you need in the above command:

exiftool -s FILE

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

simonlucas

Quote from: Phil Harvey on November 18, 2020, 07:40:43 AM
Maybe something like this?:

exiftool -tagsfromfile %d%f.dng -iso -fnumber -exposuretime -copyright -ext jpg DIR

You can use this command to see what the DNG contains, and copy anything else you need in the above command:

exiftool -s FILE

- Phil

Thank-you for the quick reply. Yes - that works. Much simpler than I was imagining!