Main Menu

Thank you!

Started by Birdman, January 28, 2021, 03:38:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Birdman

Hi guys;

just wanted to say thank you for Exiftool itself and for the help in this forum! I am using exiftool for a long time now, but started just recently to do more task with the tool. The fast and full help I enjoyed here is really great. No comments like "use the search function" or something like this, eventhough I probably had some newbee questions. Thumps up!

Martin (Birdman) 
Best regards,

Martin (Birdman)

StarGeek

Quote from: Birdman on January 28, 2021, 03:38:17 AMNo comments like "use the search function" or something like this, eventhough I probably had some newbee questions. Thumps up!

This is something that really ticks me off about a lot of help forums.  If someone is brand new, first post here or only a few posts, I have no problem explaining what to do and I try to give a lot of links so they can read up and learn on their own.  There's a lot of documentation here and it can be quite overwhelming, especially to someone who hasn't learned the command line.
* Did you read FAQ #3 and use the command listed there?
* Please use the Code button for exiftool code/output.

* Please include your OS, Exiftool version, and type of file you're processing (MP4, JPG, etc).

Phil Harvey

Hi Martin,

I'm glad you find ExifTool useful.

And yes, thanks to StarGeek from me too for his great help answering questions in this forum.  He gives much better and more detailed answers than I.  Most of the time I feel that I am just a dynamic index into the documentation, but StarGeek takes the time to explain things in detail.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).