Install Help for Qnap Nas

Started by alaska_av8r, February 08, 2021, 04:23:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alaska_av8r

Also Phil, not sure which file should I comment those lines out of?

I found this in the exiftool file, but I am unsure exactly which line i should comment (don't want to screw it up)

$trkfile or Error("Expecting file name for -geotag option\n"), $badCmd=1, next;
        # allow wildcards in filename
        if ($trkfile =~ /[*?]/) {
            # CORE::glob() splits on white space, so use File::Glob if possible
            my @trks;
            if ($^O eq 'MSWin32' and eval { require Win32::FindFile }) {
                # ("-charset filename=UTF8" must be set for this to work with Unicode file names)
                @trks = FindFileWindows($mt, $trkfile);
            } elsif (eval { require File::Glob }) {
                @trks = File::Glob::bsd_glob($trkfile);
            } else {
                @trks = glob($trkfile);
            }
            @trks or Error("No matching file found for -geotag option\n"), $badCmd=1, next;
            push @newValues, 'geotag='.shift(@trks) while @trks > 1;
            $trkfile = pop(@trks);
        }

Phil Harvey

Comment out this line

@trks = File::Glob::bsd_glob($trkfile);

like this

#                @trks = File::Glob::bsd_glob($trkfile);

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

alaska_av8r

alaska_av8r

Okay tried that and it got rid of the error but i got a permission denied message:

[/share/Pictures02/Professional Images/2021/2021-01-16/test] # exiftool -m -make="iPhone" -model="iPhone11ProVideo" *.NEF
-sh: /share/ExifTool/exiftool: Permission denied
[/share/Pictures02/Professional Images/2021/2021-01-16/test] #

I went and checked the permissions on the ExifTool folder and on my images folder and both admin and my user account have both read/write permissions so not sure what this is

alaska_av8r

I even tried running this command from the same directory that the test.NEF file was located:

./exiftool test.NEF

and it gave the same Permission Denied message

This is so frustrating I may be looking for another storage solution.

Phil Harvey

It looks like the permissions changed when you edited the exiftool script.  Try this to change the permmissions back again.

chmod 755 /share/ExifTool/exiftool

or you may need to

sudo chmod 755 /share/ExifTool/exiftool

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

alaska_av8r

Phil thank you,

wooohooo we are making progress, I managed to get exif data edited on one file and the changes were noted in Lightroom, ran into some errors on others but that is likely because i am tired, I'll try again tomorrow but we have progress

tim

alaska_av8r

after rebooting my NAS I have to enter this command to get exiftool working again,

export PATH=/share/Image-ExifTool-12.18:$PATH

I thought that command was adding exiftool to my NAS path so it would be available all the time, but after a reboot I end up with "command not found"

any ideas?

tim

StarGeek

* Did you read FAQ #3 and use the command listed there?
* Please use the Code button for exiftool code/output.

* Please include your OS, Exiftool version, and type of file you're processing (MP4, JPG, etc).

alaska_av8r

Thanks Star, but i had it wrong...I kept researching it myself and here is what I found.

sometimes when i am typing in the commands i make a mistake and the command line goes to a different prompt like this >  , attached is an example.

I guess I am just killing terminal, because commands don't respond when this happens and I just end up restarting terminal to get it working again.

Alan Clifford

Quote from: alaska_av8r on February 18, 2021, 01:47:50 PM

sometimes when i am typing in the commands i make a mistake and the command line goes to a different prompt like this >  , attached is an example.

ctrl and c keys together should get you out of that.

alaska_av8r

alibek_ch

1. Download QPKG via http://bin.entware.net/other/Entware_1.03std.qpkg anywhere on pc/mac/qnap
2. QNAP/APPCENTRE: Enable installations of applications without valid digital signature (appcentre/settings)
3. QNAP/APPCENTRE: Install package via app centre
4. TERMINAL/ssh to QNAP (via mac terminal: ssh admin@ip)
5. TERMINAL/install perl via QPKG ssh command: opkg install perl  (you will be located here </.qpkg/Perl/perl/bin] #)
6. TERMINAL/ensure perl is installed via command perl -v (in terminal)
7. TERMINAL/now install exiftool via command (install  perl-image-exiftool)
    1. installation location [/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/Perl/perl/bin] # opkg install  perl-image-exiftool
8. TERMINAL/check if Exiftool is installed by typing exiftool command

Phil Harvey

You may have to use the "rehash" command or open a new terminal window before step 8.

- Phil