Function in R and date/time format

Started by tomtom_aury, February 11, 2021, 05:34:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomtom_aury

Hello,

I have got a problem to create a function with exiftool command in R. The idea is to enter a date in the function and the                                    -SubSecDateTimeOriginal of the photo/folder was change by the date/time which was enter in the function. Moreover I would input a time step of 200ms.

So I wrote this small function :

recalage_photo <- function(date,hour) {
  my_time <- paste(date,hour)
  system("exiftool '-SubSecDateTimeOriginal=my_time' -d %Y:%m:%d %H:%M:%S.%f DIR -fileorder filename")
  system("exiftool '-XMP:DateTimeOriginal<SubSecDateTimeOriginal' DIR -fileorder filename")
  system("exiftool '-XMP:DateTimeOriginal+<0:0:${filesequence;$_*=0.200}' DIR -fileorder filename")
}

The problem is : "Invalid date/time (use YYYY:mm:dd HH:MM:SS[.ss][+/-HH:MM|Z]) in Composite:SubSecDateTimeOriginal (PrintConvInv)
Nothing to do."

Even if date = 2021:01:14 and hour = 10:20:00.000 and my_time "2021:01:14 10:20:00.000".

So if you have any idea or advices.
Thank you in advance for your time.
Thomas

Phil Harvey

Hi Thomas,

This works on the command line:

> exiftool a.jpg -subsecdatetimeoriginal="2021:01:14 10:20:00.000" -v2
Writing Composite:SubSecDateTimeOriginal
Writing ExifIFD:DateTimeOriginal
Deleting ExifIFD:OffsetTimeOriginal
Writing ExifIFD:SubSecTimeOriginal
======== a.jpg
Rewriting a.jpg...
  Editing tags in: APP0 APP1 Composite ExifIFD IFD0 JFIF
  Creating tags in: APP1 Composite ExifIFD IFD0
JPEG APP1 (162 bytes):
  Rewriting IFD0
  Rewriting ExifIFD
    + ExifIFD:DateTimeOriginal = '2021:01:14 10:20:00'
    + ExifIFD:SubSecTimeOriginal = '000'
JPEG DQT (130 bytes):
JPEG SOF0:
JPEG DHT (73 bytes):
JPEG SOS
    1 image files updated

I'm guessing that your "my_time" variable is not being expanded in the command line you are generating.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

tomtom_aury

Hi Mr. Harvey,

Thanks a lot for your answer and your help.
I find an other solution, so if someone are interesting :

recalage_photo <- function(date,hour,File1, DIR="DIR") {
  my_time <- paste(date,hour)
  command_exif <- paste0("exiftool -m '-SubSecDateTimeOriginal= ", my_time, "' ", DIR, " -fileorder filename -overwrite_original")
  system(command_exif)
  system(paste0("exiftool -m -SubSecDateTimeOriginal ", DIR, " -fileorder filename"))
  system(paste0("exiftool -m '-XMP:DateTimeOriginal<SubSecDateTimeOriginal' ", DIR, " -fileorder filename -overwrite_original"))
  system(paste0("exiftool -m '-XMP:DateTimeOriginal+<0:0:${filesequence;$_*=0.200}' ", DIR, " -fileorder filename -overwrite_original"))
  system(paste0("exiftool -m -XMP:DateTimeOriginal ", DIR, " -fileorder filename")) 
}

Have a nice day.
Thomas