How to limit the output with ExtractEmbedded option

Started by kamilkp, March 01, 2021, 08:10:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kamilkp

Hello,
I need to read some information from tags only visible with the ExtractEmbedded option (-ee flag) but it reads metadata per frame when run against a video file. This can produce an insanely long output depending on the length of the video however what I really care about is metadata from the very first frame.

Is there a way to limit the number of frames (or duration) of which exiftool will extract the embedded tags?

Phil Harvey

...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

kamilkp

Takes equally long to spit out the result, but once it does, it's significantly shorter and in the end exactly what I need.

Thanks Phil!

Phil Harvey

Yes, --a doesn't stop ExifTool from doing any processing.  It just affects the output.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).